Thank you Adoia for nominating my blog for the Liebster Blog Award!
I feel so very honored to recieve this from you. And it is such a pleasure to get to know your lovely blog Look and Cook and the other blogs you have nominated as well.
If you are not familiar with the Liebster Award: It is a virtual award given by bloggers to other blogger (usually small/new blogs) to give the opportunity to reach more people and get in contact with other bloggers. If you are nominated you get a list of questions, usually between 5 and 11, from the blog who nominated you and the idea is that after answering this questions in a post (with a link to the blog that nominated you) you have to nominate other blogs too and make a list of question for them!
I’m happy to share with you all the questions Adoia gave me to answer:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I used to own a webshop selling Spanish food and non food products and since I had no room and possibilities there to illustrate what you could do with a product I decided to start the blog 5 years ago. The webshop does not exists anymore but I still love to cook, food photography and share my recipes.
2. What is your favorite recipe?
I don’t have a sweet tooth but dark 70% or more……………. Every recipe with that kind of chocolate in it is my favorite as a chocolate addict:)
3. What has been the biggest fail in your kitchen?
I’m no bread baker at all. The first time I made it, it didn’t rise properly and tasted not as good as it looked. I’m always impressed and a bit jaleous of people who are true bakers in heart and soul.
4. Which ingredient cannot be missing in your pantry?
A good olive oil! I panic when I run out of it. Olive oil is essestial in the Spanish kitchen. I do a lot of cooking with it.
5. Which is the most difficult and impressive dish you have ever made?
The most diffult dish was baking bread from scratch! As said before I’m no baker.
The most impressive dish was last Christmas when I served two huge pieces of Cote de Boeuff of 1,5 kilo each with chimicurri sauce for my family. It was delicious, tender and juicy….They are still taking about it:)
6. How did you learn to cook?
My French grandmother tought me to cook. She was a wonderful cook and lived in Barcelona, Spain. I remember she was always cooking and spending her days in the kitchen. It always smelled so good there!! She tought me the basics of the French and Spanish (Catalan) cuisine. From there I started to cook and experimenting on my own. I definitly have the love for cooking and eating from her!
7. What’s is your favorite cookbook?
All the books by Nigel Slater. Especially Tender, volume I and II. I love the simplicity of the recipes he gives in all his books.
8. What has been the best blogging tip you have ever had?
Someone telling me: just enjoy it!
9. How do you plan your posts and when do you write them?
I read a lot of cookbooks and magazine and get inspired by them. I get new ideas and sometimes I follow a recipe, change some things to my liking or create a new recipe based on that.
Normally I do test cooking in weekends when I have the time. I cook the dish, write down what I do and I make photographs of the ingredients and dish.
If my family and friends like the dish I will post is. If not, then I try to improve it till it’s good enough for me. If approved I work out the recipe and write the post.
If they are traditional authentic Spanish dishes I don’t really change them and stick to the original recipe.
I try to post twice a week, but unfortunalty sometimes I lack time.
I would love to nominate the following beautiful and inspiring blogs: and give them some questions, although I have no idea if they are small/young enough to meet the criteria. Anyway worth checking them out to!
Chili @ Chardonnay
My questions for Raquel, Ainara, Eli, Ann Marie and Diede are:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What do you like most about blogging: cooking, writing or photography?
- Do you blog for fun or do you have a goal?
- Could you discribe yourself in five words
- What type of your cooking style do you have?
- What’s the dish of your childhood memory and do you still make it?
- What’s you ultimate comfort food dish?
- Do you have a photography background?
- Do you have a secret quilty pleasure?
- What do you find most difficult about blogging?